Monday, July 24, 2006

Once more into the pool, dear friends

I think I'm going to have to find another day for my pre-work swim; the pool has been far too crowded on the past two Mondays. I don't like my zen calm being disturbed by people swimming faster and more flashily than me. Not that I'm competitive, of course.

However, it's good to see that people are still using their swim trips to carry out scientific experiments. We've had: "How much weight will I lose if I swim two lengths and then head into the sauna?"; "How much weight will I lose if I don't actually swim but parade up and down the side of the pool while wearing tiny blue trunks?"; and "How much weight will I lose if I don't actually swim but lie in the jacuzzi watching the man parading up and down the side of the pool while wearing tiny blue trunks?" This morning's piece of research was attempting to answer the following complex question: "How much weight will I lose if I attempt to swim a length without actually using any of my limbs?" Not much, but you will gain several bruises as the people who are trying to exericse bash into you. Twit.

There are times when I really really hate other people. And I think those times are increasing in frequency and duration.

No comments: