Saturday, July 22, 2006

If this is the result of climate change, kill me now

It's almost too hot to blog. The sun's disappeared, it's overcast, and the air is horribly still. I'm hoping this merely presages an almighty thunderstorm, but I don't think we're going to be that lucky. For the first time ever, I wore shirts and a tiny top to yoga -- not as tiny as the halterneck top and hotpants that one girl wore (ill-advisedly without a bra) -- and still sweated buckets. AND I got to view all my hidden-until-now cellulite and worry about whether my knickers were on display. Not really relaxing. It was a punishingly active session, one that made me realize that I must never attempt Bikram yoga. After 30 minutes, I wanted to lay down and die; 60 minutes in, and I thought I was going to pass out during downward dog. I crawled home afterwards and dozed on the sofa for about 40 minutes, something I never normally do during the day.

The ironing can wait till tomorrow. Dinner is hoummus and raw veggies (no cooking required). I'm off to look at pictures of igloos.

No comments: