Friday, July 28, 2006

Mission: Unaccomplished

It's a quiet day at work, so I thought I'd take advantage of the fine, dry weather we've been having -- I'm trying very hard to look at it positively, for once -- and headed out to the shops. My mission? Fizzy vitamin tablets and a hang-upable multi-pocketed shoe storage system/cosmetics bag. No, not for my Immelda Marcos-style shoe collection or even my vast array of unused make-up, but for cable storage. You see, we have multiple chargers, power blocks, power adapters, connectivity leads etc for our many, many mobile phones, iPods, DSes, PSPs etc; they currently coexist in a tangled mess on the floor of the living room and it can take up to 10 minutes to find the right one. My new fave site Lifehacker recommended the shoe bag as a great solution. So, off I headed to Blokker, crap purveyor of cleaning products, kitchen equipment, plastic boxes, glass tat, and ... storage items.

What did I come back with? Let me see!

1 red plastic chopping board.
1 yellow scrubbing brush.
1 plastic measuring jug with lid, perfect for my sourdough starter solution.
1 box ziploc bags.

From Kruidvat, I got my fizzy vitamins -- 2 tubes of "50+ multi". Now, I thought that this meant they contained more than 50 different vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts etc. But no. They're for those aged 50+. Although, given how I'm feeling at the moment, they're probably highly appropriate. Unless, of course, they're the Dutch answer to an aging population and contain something to kill those over 50 quickly. I mean, euthanasia is legal here.

But I did manage to spill diet coke on my -- wait for it! -- white t-shirt. Perfect!

No comments: