Sunday, July 30, 2006

Noooooooo!!!!

After yet more rain today, the temperature has dipped to 22.5 -- the lowest it's been for several weeks. I, however, am steaming mad. Why? Because at the end of my favourite TV show on BBC2, Jeremy Clarkson announced that this was the last in the current series of Top Gear. What? They did about 4 shows, disappeared while the World Cup was on, did 2 more shows, and that's it? The end of the series? Where am I going to get my fix of mad challenges involving loading white vans with illegal immigrants? When will I be able to sigh (discreetly, of course) over the utterly cute n' adorable Richard Hammond?* How will I be able to talk vaguely knowledgeably about obscure European supercar manufacturers? Why do I even bother paying my licence fee?!

Oh wait, I don't. OK then, BBC: you're off the hook this time. Just make sure you bring it back early in the autumn or there'll be trouble!

*Er, I'll just watch Brainiac on Veronica, actually.

No comments: