Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy FORTIETH birthday, Simon!

Was it really only 40 years ago that England beat Portugal in the semi-finals of the World Cup AND my older brother was born? Yes, yes it was. Forty years. My, how time flies. Simon: have a wonderful day celebrating your 40th birthday. And remember, you're only as young as the women you feel! Oh, wait ...

I know, I know: a little cruel to keep harping on about the fact that Simon's 40 today; after all, I will also be 40 one day. However, I will also always be five years younger than him -- and isn't that what sibling relationships are really about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one who hasn´t been born hasn´t aged. And if you were born and didn´t age you most probably died young.

That´s what the wise Bulgarians say.

One step closer to the grave? Excusez-moi, to whose?

Norfolk Dumpling said...

Mine, probably!