Friday, March 02, 2007

Sweary

I am entertaining Mama and Papa Dumpling for the weekend, so posts will be infrequent. I am also not swearing, which is far more taxing. They are very laid-back about many things, but swearing is not one of them. Whenever I'm around them, I'm insanely conscious of what I'm saying -- and what PJ is saying. He's far less sensitive to this, and continues to curse happily, ignoring me cringing in the corner.

I have also been trying to swear less at work, and I think that generally I've improved -- although I lapsed today and let loose a string of invective aimed at a group of f****** muppets (not present in the office or indeed anyone that I actually know -- but they were still asking for it). A potty mouth doesn't add to the air of professionalism that I'm trying to cultivate, but it's really only for the next six weeks. Then, I'll be in my own little home office, free to indulge my foul-mouthed tendencies. Frak yes!

No comments: