Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Driller killer

I'm determined to make the most of my expensive health insurance while I still have it (for another 3 weeks) -- which meant I had to call my dentist today and arrange a visit to the dental hygienist. I hate the dental hygienist. I've managed to get over my fear of the dentist, thanks to the delightful (and gentle!) Marion and Daphne, but the hygienist still terrifies me. Maybe it's the way she lectures me for not going more frequently, or digs out great gobs of plaque along with chunks of gum, or because she gives me little wooden sticks to jab between me teeth and doesn't appreciate that they tend to snap off in my mouth, leaving me to extract the ends with a pair of pliers. Seriously. I hate the hygienist.

And when I called to make an appointment, the receptionist said that I hadn't been since 2004, which means it's going to be a BIG lecture and lots of pain. But at least it will be free. Heaven forbid that I should have to pay for such torture.

No comments: