Saturday, March 24, 2007

The great clearout begins

Less than a month to go, so it's time to start binning stuff. This is great for me, painful for PJ. I spent two hours today pulling clothes out from our wardrobes, trying them on, discarding anything with holes, crusty armpits, or ripped seams -- and, of course, anything that didn't fit. It turned out that I had several pairs of jeans that I'd never worn -- which meant I could discard three other pairs. I also apparently like to fantasize that I'm 5'6" -- and keep buying trousers for said 5'6" Dumpling, and then failing to get them hemmed.

I also really like buying shoes, particularly stilettos, despite my inability to walk in them. (This picture does not include the 5 pairs of boots that I also have.) I've always loathed the image of 30-something women being obsessed with shoes and finding a man, as propogated by irritating TV programs like Sex and the City, but it might have a grain of truth in it.


Although PJ is just as obsessed with buying trainers -- and this is after discarding several pairs.


I ended my session feeling lighter in both wardrobe and soul, and with several bags ready to go to our one local charity store. I just hope there's a 5'1" Gap size 6 homeless person out there who'll appreciate all my castoffs.

No comments: