Sunday, June 18, 2006

Representative Binks' pa amb tomaquet

While watching one of FC Barcelona's finest playing for his national team, it seemed only right and proper to have one of the classic dishes of that city: pa amb tomquet (trs: bread and tomatoes). The remains of yesterday's sourdough loaf provided the bread, and some tomatoes I'd originally bought to make gazpacho -- but didn't, because I couldn't face skinning them and it wasn't really hot enough -- did the rest. I also decided to use PJ's Le Creuset griddle pan for the first time in the 5 years we've been living together. As you can see, it smoked mightily, but did a great job of providing those deep, flavorsome scorch marks that really make this dish. A drizzle of yesterday's lemon/garlic dressing on top -- and a job well done.





I guess I should have made lamingtons or thrown some shrimps on the barbie to honor the Socceroos, but it just didn't hold the same appeal.

No comments: