Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back in the physio's office

I'm beginning to think that my back problems are partially related to the weather. I've had 3 weeks without any problems, when I've been going to see my teenaged phsyio and doing my exercises. Following thunderstorms last night, the hot weather has broken, it's cloudy and wet, and the airco at work has finally kicked in -- and my shoulder/neck seized up again today. So instead of practising my mildly embarrassing exercises at the gym -- hey, you try looking dignified while sitting on a giant inflatable ball and trying to throw and catch a 2 kg medicine ball with one hand extended in the air -- I ended up face down on the physio's couch having my shoulder and spine manipulated. And you know what, it's not as nice as the Aveda massage I had a couple of years ago; it's really painful! But the shoulder feels a little easier and I managed to cycle home without killing myself, so I'll have a hot bath, watch Germany-Poland, and sleep on the floor -- and that should do the trick.

I hope.

No comments: