Monday, December 11, 2006

Wet wet wet

I got drenched three times before 9 a.m. today -- quite an achievement, albeit not six impossible things before breakfast. And only one of those soakings could be called voluntary. The cycle ride to the gym at 7.35 was grim, dark, and wet -- at one point, I actually cursed out loud, scaring the local taxi drivers huddled smugly inside their cars. The swimming pool was very wet, but blissfully quiet. Worst by far was the short ride from the gym to the office -- in a torrential downpour. I kept comforting myself by promising that this time next year I'd use a car to get to the gym. Much to my surprise, it didn't rain on the way home. I would be thankful for small mercies, but the enormous spot growing painfully just under my chin is making me far too grumpy for that.

Roll on 2007.

No comments: