Saturday, December 02, 2006

Paint it . . . cream

It's a cold, wet day outside, but I have a naked man painting my bathroom. No, that's not a euphemism: There really is a naked man painting my bathroom. Why? We had a makelaar (estate agent) come round yesterday to see about selling the apartment, and she recommended that we paint our bathroom ceiling before she takes photos. Apparently, Dutch viewers won't appreciate the lovely aqua -- it's like water, right, and it's a bathroom -- that we currently have and would prefer a more neutral shade. Having spent many years watching the wonderful Anne Maurice, House Doctor, on Channel 5, we're able to overlook their stupidity and just fix it. We really want to sell this place -- quickly.






What do you think looks better? And yes, that elbow is all you're going to see of my naked painter; he's threatened me with death if I post more. Although, how he'd get the blood spatter off the walls, I'm sure I don't know. Damn stuff gets everywhere, and it will show up nicely against the cream.

PS: He's naked because it's easier to get paint off yourself than off clothes -- or so he says. I'm not totally convinced that this is as innocent as he claims.

1 comment:

durakje said...

Ouch - that's way too much disturbing imagery to process all at once. I fear it will haunt me to the end of my days.

But thanks for sharing!