Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lunchtime blogging

I'm working from home today -- again. This time, I'm waiting for the painters to arrive (not a euphemism). Last year, we had some work "done" at the back of the house; the bill was supposed to include the repainting of window frames, but ours were never done. So, our building committee's treasurer organized for the painters to come along today to do the job, only ... no sign of them. Yet.

I think I know what the problem is, though. Our treasurer left a note on the front door telling the painters to ring my doorbell on arrival. It was there at 7.30 -- I checked -- but when I went down to get the post at midday, the sign was face down on the floor. I've put it up again, but my gut tells me that the painters came, rang the wrong doorbell once, and then buggered off -- probably to the beach, given that it's quite a nice day.

Sigh. This means that we'll have to reschedule, it'll be raining on that day so they won't turn up as it's apparently impossible to paint when it's wet, and this damn work will only get done on the day we show the house to potential buyers. I don't even have a phone number to call them on; the joys of "outsourcing" the arrangements to a third party. And I've just managed to burn my cheese toastie -- the key advantage of working from home -- while writing this post. Bloody hell!

No comments: