Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Seven nights, five beds, one cat

I've led an itinerant life for the past week, sleeping in five different beds:

1. Dumpling Towers, Norwich: quiet and comfy.
2. The Notting Hill boutique B&B I have access to: luxury writ large.
3. A Jacobean cottage, Chipping Campden: thick duvet, overly soft mattress, bloody freezing!
4. Imogen and Adrian's, Vauxhall: a reversion to childhood, with fish fingers, potato waffles and spaghetti hoops for dinner, washed down with hot Ribena. Yum!
5. Chez Vince Ray/Miss Katie, Stoke Newington: It may only be a couch, but it's very comfy AND comes with a cat. Jackie has been exceptionally well-behaved, settling down at my feet each night and staying put until I get up. She's so much quieter than puppies -- and sorts herself out in the morning, rather than needing to be taken for a walk. And given how cold it's become, that is a good thing. I'm swinging back towards favouring cats after my recent puppy conversion -- which is just as well, given that we're planning to get two on our return to the UK.



And it doesn't end there: Thursday night sees me in a hotel in Central London, before heading up to Naarich on Friday afternoon. Exhausting stuff.

1 comment:

CSS said...

Jackie looks like Emmie food to me ;-)