Sunday, November 26, 2006

Norwich 1: Hull 1

I skipped a week. Yes, dear reader, I simply couldn't face posting about Norwich's loss to [clench jaw] Ipswich. As bad luck would have it, a new colleague started in our London office the following day and he turned out to be a tractor boy. Boo hiss! Fat chance any of his work will ever get edited by me! (I kid!) So, yesterday's point against Hull was something of a relief, although we ought to have held on for the win. I'm not impressed at the manager: Blaming the fans, when it's his team that conceded a last-minute goal? It's not like they were firing crossbow bolts onto the pitch.

This afternoon, I watched the Manchester United: Chelsea match alongside Jo, Alan, and Holly. Not the most thrilling of encounters and the Dutch commentators' half-time analysis was noticeably lacking in anything that might resemble "spark", but a very pleasant couple of hours nonetheless. I think I'm just out of the habit of watching full-length matches, something to rectify in a few months' time.

Heigh-ho, another weekend over. Off to bed -- sleep well!

No comments: