Friday, November 17, 2006

Poten af van onze homo's

So, the Dutch elections don't seem like the most interesting of topics -- after all, they happen just about every year and not much seems to change as a result. The dykes keep working, much of the Netherlands doesn't bother doing the same, and the tax authorities continue to fart around with my 2004 tax return. However. You do get some excellent election material -- such as this banner that I spotted near my yoga studio.



For those of you who don't read Dutch, it says "Hands off our gays!" and was erected (snarf) by the GreenLeft Party -- the party that I would almost certainly vote for if I could figure out how to. (They're Green and they're left-wing: What's not to like!?) The banner on the other side of the road, which I was unable to snap, bore the slogan "Vrouwen on top!" (Women on top). These just aren't your typical election slogans, and I love them because of that.

PS: Don't believe all the marketing bollox around your always-on, always-available camera phone. It took me ages to figure out how to turn my new Nokia N80 handset to the camera function -- and it was pouring with rain. Bastards.

No comments: