Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A typical London lunch hour

You pop out to get a tuna sub and visit Argos to get a particularly nicely designed hairdryer, and you come back with said tuna sub -- and two dresses. No hairdryer: It's lovely design means they don't keep it in stock, won't deliver if you order online, but make you order it and then go into the shop to pick it up. I don't understand this. If they have to get it from a central depot to the store, why can't they deliver it to my work address?

Oh well, the dresses are lovely. AND I ordered a ticket for the RSC's production of Much Ado About Nothing, starring the very fabulous Tamsin Grieg -- the lovely leading lady of two of my fave comedy series, Green Wing and Black Books. I'm going to a matinee performance in the week before Christmas as a little present to myself. I can't wait!

No comments: