Thursday, November 02, 2006

Come on out, you little blighters!

No time for blogging last night; I was far too busy making ravioli using my new ravioli shaping and cutting device, courtesy of Deirdre Schadler. I haven't yet watched my DVD of Eat Drink Man Woman yet, my other gift from PJ's recent trip to the US, but I somehow doubt it will be as useful as this. I only had one minor tantrum while using it, thanks to the lack of instruction around the need to oil it before putting a sheet pasta on it. The first set of my butternut squash ravioli were just a little bit reluctant to come out, resulting in my digging them out with a knife, splitting one in the process, and thus generating a minor tantrum. PJ suggested oiling the mold, then retreated to a safe distance and pretended to be burning DVDs. The greased-up second batch were considerably less limpet-like and rather more impressive. Both sets, of course, tasted fantastic, and were undoubtedly enhanced by eating them while watching the irritating Marisol get offed in a sweeps week episode of CSI: Miami.



FYI: The pasta is streaky because I used saffron in it, hoping that it would yield a deep yellow tint. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

No comments: