Friday, May 05, 2006

Time for a break

It's not that I'm feeling abandoned, but I would like to point out that both PJ and Bill, my (fomerly) steadfast colleague, have buggered off this week -- leaving me alone at both home and office. This has meant that I've had to make my own "real" coffee, rather than relying on Bill's skills with the cafetiere. I must confess that it's turning out to be a rather soothing experience. There's something very zen about going through a simple ritual of measuring out the coffee, adding water to the pot, waiting for it to brew, and filling the cup rather than just hitting a button on a machine and waiting for the noxious fluid to emerge. I could get used to doing this more often.

And yes, Bill, I will buy some more coffee to replace what I've used.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When the programme finished, Mrs S came in with a tray of tea things and a plate of biscuits of the sort that I believe are called teatime variety, and everyone stirred friskily to life, rubbing their hands keenly and saying, 'Ooh, lovely.' To this day, I remain impressed by the ability of Britons of all ages and social backgrounds to get genuinely excited by the prospect of a hot beverage."