Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Liver failure

No, not that type. Rather, my liver failed to cope particularly well with the one teeny-tiny vodka and orange I had with dinner last night. This might have something to do with the fact that I went to the restaurant straight from the gym, so knocked back my drink rather swiftly (along with demolishing the plate of bread and hummous that came with it; don't go to restaurants hungry). But when I lived in Spain, my liver was great -- it could cope with 5 large Southern Comforts and lemonade or batida de cocos of an evening, with only a handful of pinchos to line my stomach. My return to Northern Europe and more expensive drinks has severely limited my ability to knock back the cocktails and suffer few (short-term, at least) ill effects.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

No comments: