Thursday, May 11, 2006

Barefoot in the library

I dropped in to the library last night before heading off to a very pleasant dinner with a friend. To my utter astonishment, a middle-aged man was sitting in the fiction section with his shoes off and feet up on a table. I know it's hot at the moment, but shoes off in a public place seems unacceptable to me. If you want to take your shoes off, go home. I don't need to see (or smell) your gnarly toes.

I just don't get it. Has some public proclamation been issued, stating that anything goes? Am I totally out of touch with the zeitgeist? Since when did barefoot in public buildings become okay?

Right: got to go shout at some kids to get off my lawn.

2 comments:

Beth said...

have you got a lawn?

Norfolk Dumpling said...

Metaphorically speaking, of course.