Sunday, September 17, 2006

But even a cold can't keep me out of the kitchen

As regular readers will have suspected, I bought a couple of cookbooks in Wales last weekend. I debated the merits of "Welsh Teatime Recipes" versus "Favourite Welsh Recipes" for ages, before realizing that they cost 99p each and so it was well within my budget to get both. Although Welsh Teatime Recipes was somewhat heavy on the recipes for economical fruitcakes, it did throw up a couple of temptations.

First up was Leek and Cheese Flan for dinner on Monday; today I made Welsh rarebit fr lunch, using up the red chilli sourdough biscuits I made yesterday. Both were excellent and reinforced my belief that I will never be able to turn vegan. Cheese is just too nice.





And then this afternoon I made another huge batch of my rather wonderful granola, enjoying the cinnamon toasty smell wafting through the kitchen as I watched Early Summer. This is not Welsh and definitely lacks a certain cheesiness, but is pretty damned good nonetheless. Don't you agree?

No comments: