Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Albert? Is on notice!

In the last, thrilling installment of "Albert, crap delivery service", the Albert deliveryman gave us the wrong bag of frozen food -- resulting in various calls to their service line, delayed Indian takeout, the promise of a refund, and the sneaky consumption of the vegetarian snacks in the boxes of frozen cheap party food that we got in place of my scallops and cod. Today, we got our refund, but they failed to deliver the following:

1 bottle of balsamic vinegar
6 free-range eggs
1 bottle of olive oil
2 packs of passata
4 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 bottle of sunflower oil
1 tube of toothpaste
2 tins of tuna

No reason given for the failure to deliver, of course -- no warning by email in advance. Just "niet levenbaar" on the order printout, something I checked more carefully when I realized that the order was both too cheap and somewhat scanty. I'm beginning to wonder why I even bother with them.

Six more months, and then I'll be using Ocado. That had better be more efficient than Albert, or there'll be trouble.

1 comment:

CSS said...

Rest assured, Ocado rocks.