Monday, February 05, 2007

Splish splash

Off to the pool this morning, jet-lag be damned, only to find that I wasn't the only one in there. Outrage! The large man with glasses who is usually the only other swimmer in the pool at 8 a.m. also looked shocked. Seven people in the pool at 8.05 -- what is the world coming to? One woman braved the "fast" lane, upsetting the lone male swimmer who had been paddling up and down holding on to a float. As soon as she arrived though, he cast the float aside and started swimming lengths furiously, in his flashiest, splashiest crawl. And not just crawl: He also started on the lane-hogging butterfly, clearly determined to see off this upstart. No such luck. Mevrouw kept swimming along quietly, unruffled by the display of testosterone.

If I'd got beyond 16+ biology, I'm sure I'd have something amusing to compare this to, but I didn't, so I don't. It was just funny.

No comments: