Friday, February 23, 2007

And that was the oven man on the phone

My oven man just called me. "I have terrible news" he said -- not the best way to open a conversation but an excellent example of Dutch directness. "The part won't be available for several weeks." Although, it will be available before we move out on April 11th, OR SO HE CLAIMS!

I am distraught. No home-made bread for several weeks!?! PJ has offered to buy me a breadmaker to get round this problem. I am very tempted. Does this make me a deeply sad person?

I am also making sure I only ever get household appliances from major manufacturers and distributors. None of this "hand-crafted by artisans in small mountain-top villages in Italy" rubbish. It's got to be big, it's (probably) got to be German, and they have to have spare parts on tap.

No comments: