Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Road works on the M3

Guess I'd better get used to them. After all, I envisage doing the run up to Heathrow once a month or more, unless I can persuade PJ to use a train/bus combo. It was raining as we left our hotel in Winchester, it was raining more heavily as we hit the M3 just five minutes later, it slowed to a depressing drizzle as we hit the long queues of traffic between junctions 4a and 3, and it was raining as we dropped off the hire car. It rained as my flight to Amsterdam sat on the tarmac, watching PJ's flight (probably) to San Francisco pull away from its stand. It was raining as we came in to land at Schiphol, it was raining when I got off the train at Centraal, and it rained as I walked home. Four hours later, it rained as I cycled to yoga, and it was still raining 90 minutes later when I cycled home. Inevitably, it will be raining at 8.30 tomorrow morning when I set off for work.

I can't wait until I'm a home worker. Then, rain will not bother me. (Except on Wednesdays, when I walk to Winchester railway station to get the train to London.) Hurrah!

No comments: