Friday, March 10, 2006

Today's fortune cookie

"You will enjoy good health for a long time to come."

I'd rather be enjoying good health now. The cold continues to linger, rendering me snuffly and sneezy. I enjoyed a respite from my walking tour of San Francisco yesterday at the Kabuki Springs and Spa in Japantown. First up was a private green tea bath -- I'm used to having to wash myself before entering a Japanese bath, but this was the first time that I've had someone else wash me. I tried not to let my English reserve show through and gamely stripped and sat on a small stool while Marcia tipped bowls of warm water over me and scrubbed my back, but couldn't help feeling relieved when she discreetly retreated so that I could wash other bits before returning to rinse me down. The subsequent 15 minutes in my green tea bath were fabulous and nicely loosened up all the phlegm in my sinuses. Which meant that when I spent the next 80 minutes face down getting an intensive working over from my shiatsu masseuse, said phlegm proceeded to drip from my nose onto the floor, narrowly avoiding my massuese's feet. Charming. I therefore tipped particularly well for the session.

No comments: