Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The dumpling who came in from the cold

 

Determined not to let my cold stop me from enjoying San Francisco, I set off on foot this morning. First stop: Citizen Cupcake on Market for a welcome bowl of hot chocolate and a dainty vanilla cupcake. Thus fortified, I made my way up Powell, ignoring the burning sensation in my calves and trying not to feel miserably unfit. My destination was the cable car museum for a fascinating look at the powerhouse for the cars that run up and down these hills. (Note to self: take one next time.) On then to Chinatown and City Lights, a fabulous "leftie" bookstore (no romance section though -- boo!). Back down Grant, past enticing dim sum restaurants and gaudy jewellery shops, to the 7-11 on Sutter for tissues, milk, chips, and a trashy mag, and then along Market, stopping briefly to buy a couple of cheap novels in an "Everything Must Go!" book store and some Girl Scout cookies. The rest of my afternoon will be spent under the duvet in my hotel room, catching up on Britney's exploits while eating cold-friendly foods. Nice. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jess in boston said...

feel better, Rachel! And please say hello to SF for me (and PJ, too!)(i'm guessing you know that I'll be back in Sametime-land in a couple of weeks?)