Friday, April 13, 2007

Tot ziens!

OK, we're off. We had a great farewell dinner last night with Bill and Beth at a Korean restaurant -- it was just a few hundred yards from the flat that PJ and I first lived in when we moved to Amsterdam more than six years ago, but we had no idea it existed until yesterday. I'm sure there's a gag in there about Alanis Morrisette and irony but I'm exhausted and can't be bothered to find it. But I will post a pic of our meal.



We're in sunny Southampton for the weekend and will be up in Winchester on Monday. Not sure if Virgin Media will have us online by Monday evening -- can't wait to see how UK service compares with the Dutch lack thereof. I'm well aware that I will have lots to complain/blog about when we get home.

So, what will I miss? Cycling, yoga with Sandra and Leo, friends, the view of the canal from our living room, cycling, our gym, puppies in baskets, outdoor life, laughing at tourists looking miserable on tour boats in the rain, oud kaas, jong kaas, Sushi Me, De Via Portare, cycling ... but not smoking in restaurants. At all.

So long!

1 comment:

Tina Di Mauro said...

Very interesting blog. Kiss kiss