Monday, April 23, 2007

Every silver lining has its cloud

Things I like about our new house:

1. Lots of natural light. The Amsterdam pad had only a set of windows at the front and a window at the back, which was overshadowed by the achterhuis. This place has windows everywhere. Natural light in the bathroom is a revelation -- I actually look younger!

2. Stairs. Well, if I'm not cycling, I need to have some form of exercise. And it feels like a proper house (obviously) with two stories.

3. There's a Chinese takeaway at the end of the road. It's a proper British Chinese takeaway, the sort you just don't get elsewhere in Europe. And you can dial in your order from The Green Man pub across the road and pick it up when you've finished your pint!

On the downside, having loads of natural light means I now know just how shabby and faded all my clothes are; it's really irritating having to go downstairs to get a glass of water in the night; and the Chinese food is undoubtedly packed with MSG.

I really am a glass-half-empty kind of girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some madman corrected me once the optimist sees the glass always half-empty: life left you half of it to fill....

the pessimist half-full: you've lost half the fullness.

he was a crazy man.