Wednesday, April 18, 2007

She's no Sandra & Leo

I went to my first yoga class here last night. I didn't feel like it in the least, being somewhat shattered from unpacking boxes, but forced myself to go along. First problem? Locating the hall, which was tucked down a back path at the side of a church -- thank goodness it was still light. Second problem? I walked into what looked like the class, only to be told it was too early and that I should leave. Okay then. Ten minutes later, the class exited and one woman told me they'd found it quite amusing that I hadn't realized it was a pregnancy yoga -- given how heavily pregnant they all were. At that point, I recognized that I was so tired I wouldn't have noticed if I were suddenly 6 months pregnant. Oh well, it's always good to embarass yourself at least once a day.

The class itself was fine. I'm trying to be very tolerant and not all "Well, Sandra and Leo wouldn't have taught it like that" and very dismissive -- and that's not like me at all. It's different, change is good, it was both dynamic and relaxing (if overly chatty), and I'll get on just fine.

And if not, I'll sign up at the Pilates studio and learn that instead.

No comments: