Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pub quiz!

Last night saw us accompany Clive and Pippa to dinner at The Prince in Stokey -- and participation in its weekly music quiz. Our combined knowledge consisted of the minutiae of The Clash's and New Order's back catalogue (Clive and PJ), some 50s/60s stuff and celebrity gossip-related questions (me), and 1990s pop and an admirable tolerance for quiz-related nonsense (Pippa). This should have been a reasonable spread, but unfortunately, we were up against the sort of teams that play weekly, wear woolly hats and drink pints of real ale, and revise for this sort of thing. They did have great team names though: Devon 17 and The Trucks Don't Work were my favourites.

We finished 9th out of 12 teams. PJ and I thought this wasn't so bad; Clive railed against our shabby performance on the long, cold walk home. I'm just proud that I got the answer to "Who did Michael Hutchence date after splitting with Kylie?" (Helena Christiansen) I am untouchable on celebrity gossip!

No comments: