Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cleanliness is next to godliness

No time to blog -- too busy cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. We've got 12 viewings of the apartment lined up in the next 7 days, and so I hardly dare breathe indoors. Every time I use something, it has to be washed or folded and put straight back. Even for someone with my OCD tendencies, it's exhausting. Our makelaar told us that we shouldn't worry too much, that our apartment shouldn't look sterile -- but I can't help imaging potential purchasers running a finger along a work surface, looking in disgust at the dirt, and muttering "I'd never buy a house from such a slattern!" And PJ and I have different ways of doing things, hence the spat this morning over how best to hang the towels in the bathroom.

Please keep your fingers crossed that someone makes us an offer quickly. I don't think I can keep this up for very long.

No comments: