Wednesday, October 04, 2006

London fields

I'm not the greatest fan of public transport, particularly when it involves diversions and lots of money. So, Monday evening I walked "home" from work; Tuesday morning I walked to Marble Arch and then took the bus along Oxford Street (give me a break -- it's a long way, the shops look awfully tempting, and I'm trying not to spend too much). Part of the journey involved walking through Hyde Park, and it was beautiful. It's one of the largest of the London parks, is well-maintained, has horsies and dogs in it, and it was a lovely autumnal morning: blue skies, sunshine, but with a crisp bite to the air. The buildings of Bayswater are also impressive, so I've included a few of them below.












Definitely more enjoyable than taking the bus or -- horror! -- the tube.

1 comment:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.