Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cinema City

Yeah, yeah -- I'm a bad blogger. A lousy dial-up connection and all communication stops. I'll try to make up for it over the next few days, although our broadband connection in Dumpling Towers is equally erratic.

So, home to Norwich, which was lovely -- and it is home. One example: We went to the Norwich Playhouse, currently subbing for under-reconstruction (and former Dumpling employer) Cinema City, to see The Black Dahlia (don't bother: it's a DVD rental at best and Scarlett Johansson is atrocious). Prior to the film, I went into the cafe to buy some drinks and it felt extraordinarily familiar -- even though I've never been there before. But the people in there were your typical friendly Norwich lefties; the decor was scruffily comfortable with twinkly lights; and it just felt right. I wanted to stay there, get a job behind the bar, or reclaim my old role as volunteer usher for Cinema City. This is where I fit in!

No wonder so few Norfolk dumplings ever leave. Even to go to Suffolk.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Don't worry, Dumpling, we forgive you your attachment to non-phone-line-based blogging connections. Home is Home indeed, and we'll follow you anywhere, even to Norwich.