Sunday, October 01, 2006

And here's something I made earlier

At weekends, we now have a minimum of three computers in the flat -- three that are plugged in and working, I mean. This is making it extremely difficult to remember where I filed photos and whether I can blog with them. So, when I uploaded my Dutch crunch bread pics, I discovered my photos of Danish fish cakes and a cauliflower cheese souffle that I made last month. Why should my technological confusion deprive my cyber-mates of the evidence of culinary prowess, I thought?

1. Danish fish cakes, frying in the pan. It was difficult not getting grease on the lens, but I do like the buttery bubbles.



2. Danish fish cakes, cooked. They were delicious and incredibly easy. Finely chop raw cod and an onion, mix with flour, eggs, milk, and seasoning. Fry for 5 minutes on each side.



3. Cauliflower cheese souffle -- notable not only for it's impressive height, but for the fact that finding this recipe made me realise that Google is not the be all and end all of search. In fact, it gave me no helpful recipes at all, whereas MSN came up with this one. I didn't bother with the twice-baked stuff and I think mine looks rather better than the original, but it was lovely.

No comments: