Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Extremely sweet and incredibly good

I've lost weight over the past few weeks. I don't know how or why, and I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I am curious. I've done maybe a little less exercise due to all the weekends away; I've cooked slightly fewer batches of cookies; and I'm drinking large amounts of green tea -- which is said to speed up your metabolism. Or it could just be the colder weather making me burn more calories to stay warm at nights. Anyway, to celebrate, I decided to make these 7-Layer Cookie Bars. Although, I could only count 6 layers. To whit:

Layers 1-3: digestive biscuit base with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.



Layer 4: as above, with the addition of grated coconut.



Layer 5: as above, with the addition of chopped nuts.



Layer 6: as above, with the addition of a can of condensed milk. Okay, not a whole can -- I saved two tablespoons to eat and make toffee nut clusters with.



The whole sugary mass was then baked in the oven for 30 minutes, before emerging as a delectable brown, sticky, bubbling confection. I could feel my teeth rotting just by looking at it. Another trip to the dentist clearly beckons.

No comments: