Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Curiouser and curiouser

I have a pair of knee-high boots. They used to fit. In fact, they used to be a little large around the calf.

Not any more.

I tried them on when it first started raining -- a week after we got here -- and they were tight. Not tourniquet tight, but tight enough that I didn't want to wear them and started running on a regular basis (until the wine bottle incident). I tried them on again today, and bingo. They fit again. Still a little snug, but definitely better.

Either they shrunk in the removal van and subsequent hot weather or I'm miraculously able to gain weight in very localized areas. Such as the mid-calf. Or, I'm gaining weight all over, the result of my reduced exercise regime, and I just don't want to admit it.

Ignorance is bliss.

No comments: