Monday, May 14, 2007

A culinary weekend

The injury to the big toe on my right foot did not prevent me from making the most of a rainy weekend. And the contents of the vegebox.

First up: orange and chocolate chip cookies


Sunday brunch: saj borek with spinach and feta. So good, you get two pictures:

In prep:



Cooked, with fried egg:



Sunday dinner: butternut squash with spinach and couscous, recipe courtesy of Riverford. We're having the remains of the stuffing tonight as burgers.



Given that I'm away this weekend and PJ's away Thursday/Friday and Monday/Tuesday next week, I've changed our order from the large vegebox to the fruit 'n veg box. We were beginning to feel overwhelmed by the amount of root veg we had -- and our digestive tracts were bearing the brunt. And we have a guest -- our first overnight guest! -- next week, so we want to be ... fragrant for her, if you know what I mean (and I think you do).

3 comments:

Beth said...

You're a culinary master, Dumpling!

CSS said...

Borat?

Norfolk Dumpling said...

I utterly refute the prosecution's assertion that I cooked Mr Baron Cohen. He needs to read a little more closely!