Monday, December 05, 2005

Muppet Centraal

Listen, yellow van driver. If you want to park in the middle of the Keizersgracht and hold up all the traffic behind you, be my guest. Just don't pull up next to a van that's helpfully parked right across the pavement, leaving no room for pedestrians - or more importantly me on my bike - to get round. And don't indicate to suggest that you're turning left into a parking space when you're not - it's just irritating.

As for you black van driver, don't be surprised if people get a wee bit pissed off that you parked your car on the corner of the 'gracht, effectively blocking two streets, and then disappeared into a house to get a piece of wood. Car horns will be honked. Particularly if one of those pissed-off people is sitting in a taxi and paying by the minute and through the nose - like me.

And listen, Etos: If you open a new store, make sure the damn barcoding system actually works properly before you let paying punters in. While I was happy to point out two of the errors on my bill - to your advantage, I might add - your tight-fisted cloggie customers won't be so generous.

Must. Not. Kill. Muppets.

No comments: