Sunday, December 18, 2005

Baking's an art, right?

My initial attempts at blogging and the food photography below are just the latest in a long line of activities designed to make me feel "creative." You see, I come from a family of highly creative types and I've always felt that I'm the black sheep of the family. We have my brother, who's just directed his second short film - visit the link to El ultimo deseo (His last request). My sister has her own site for the amazing burlesque outfits and lingerie that she designs and makes - check out Miss Katie for some fabulous examples. And my highly talented sister-in-law published her first novel this year, both in Bulgaria and Spain, and is doing TV and press in support. Her blog, Sexperiencias, is well worth a visit. I have a cousin who's a greetings card designer, another one who's a florist, my mother has a great eye for interior decorating and colour, and my father's fab with numbers.

So, what about me? Sure, I can cook, I can train my virtual puppy, and I'm damn good at tidying up, but they're not really creative activities. In fact, I much prefer ripping into other people's creative efforts (hence my job as an editor) than putting my own stuff out there. Perhaps I should just be happy with being able to indulge my "destructive" tendencies in a well-paying job . . .

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yes! Baking is an art! I consider myself a fairly creative type and I can't bake for shit! You are an artiste and do not doubt it!