Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brickbats and a bouquet

48 hours on, and we still haven't exchanged. I now officially hate solicitors and estate agents. Not our solicitor, who is just as frustrated as we are, but our vendors' inept solicitors -- who apparently failed to send on the drainage survey for many weeks, thus resulting in us having to commission our own (at our own expense, of course) -- and most especially the estate agent. This parasite spent the first month hassling me on a near-daily basis to ensure that we could complete quickly, then spent the next two months sending the occasional update, assuring me that everything was on track. Yesterday, she emailed to tell me that she thought my mobile was unreliable -- I'd turned it off during a meeting -- and that I should contact my solicitor to make sure that everything was going through smoothly. Which, of course, it wasn't and through no fault of ours. I swear, if she calls me again, I am totally going to cut off my nose to spite her face by pulling out of the deal -- just to take a great deal of pleasure in watching her lose the commission on two deals. Thank goodness we're not paying her a penny in all of this.

However, Domino's pizza rocks! We ordered online Sunday evening and it arrived, steaming hot and crispy, at our doorstep less than 20 minutes later. Brilliant! I got so used to 45-minute/1 hour delivery times in the Netherlands; I'd forgotten that fast food could be just that. And it was good pizza: a light base, great toppings, and the leftovers reheated perfectly the next day. Two very happy thumbs up.

No comments: