Monday, January 23, 2006

Turn left or die

Oh, how the other half live. Or more accurately, travel. Today, I experienced the glory of the Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow – and I am spoilt for good. First, the haircut – free, of course. Then, the wonderful mushroom lasagna, washed down with a beautifully prepared cosmopolitan. Also free, of course. A slice of white chocolate cheesecake with a berry compote? Why not -- it’s free, you know! Cheese and biscuits from the deli counter, a cup of green tea, and a plundering of the selection of newspapers and magazines: GQ, Tatler, Vogue, Hello, and OK? Free, free, free! However, there were no famous people in there. I want to see famous people when I’m in posh places, goddamit!

And an upgrade would have been nice, but (for once), I’m not complaining.

No comments: