Friday, August 14, 2009

Reading detectives

No, this isn't about detectives in fiction, which was PJ's initial take. This is a literary project, designed to uncover forgotten authors with links to or who took inspiration from five counties around the UK. I'm part of the Hampshire group -- on the trail of authors such as William Cobbett, Patrick Gale, and Otterbourne's most famous resident, Charlotte M. Yonge. It's good fun and is pushing me to broaden my reading habits and explore my adopted home.

Check us out here.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Very interesting - I'd like to read some of her novels (not online, though). I think I read a self-help book by William Cobbett once.

Simon

CSS said...

Dennis Wheatley used to live in Lymington

Norfolk Dumpling said...

Ooh, Dennis Wheatley. I once scared myself silly reading one of his books and haven't touched them since! I will investigate though.